Monday, April 28, 2008

technology defeats me

My Dell computer that was used for all my business dealings recently exploded (metal bits flying!) was recently returned to me from Dell...still broken. The blue screen of death remains a permanent fixture which requires a many-hour troubleshooting phone call. And speaking of phones, my cell phone decided to join my computer in technological rebellion. The cell phone screen flickered black and white static lines and now refuses to turn on.

In retaliation, I've decided that I will now embrace only Apple products. Iphone, I am now ready to adopt you.

7 comments:

Susan Sandmore said...

A wise decision. ::chanting:: One of us! One of us!

yamster said...

Welcome to the Light Side!

Libby Koponen said...

Me 3! Except the iphone, would love to get one, though. Eat your heart out, Bill Gates.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

Join the club! I've had two computer disasters in nine months. I still haven't gotten my laptop back.

Mike's going "Apple" too. I may join him.

nelsong said...

Oooh Grace, I'm sure your trusty geek adviser, John, has told you. But Wait until June for the iPhone, they are rumored releasing a new one then that sounds like it will be worth waiting for...

But don't hesitate to get the iMac.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

I hear you about Dell...listen to this: I was on tech support for about 8 hours with them- during which time they had me erase my hard drive because they were convinced that something catastrophic was wrong with my computer (remember it was 8 hours..oh and seveal tech people had my problem passed onto them)...know what it was? faulty video card. Grrrr.. Did they even say they were sorry? HA! Next time around- apple- for sure!

Daisy said...

YAY! Die hard, hard-core 20 year Apple user here!! Welcome aboard, Grace - If there is ever anything I can do to help you acclimate, please do let me know!