Tuesday, May 6, 2008

story


One of the things that my sister and her daughter do nightly is "journal." It's the time where Lily dictates whatever she wants and Lissy (my sister) writes it down exactly. Usually it is about the daily events, but sometimes Lily talks about what she wishes could happen (she wants to have a princess birthday party) or makes up stories. I found the stories particularly fascinating. Here is an example:
We were looking for the magic pen and then I had the magic pen. I couldn’t get back to where it was supposed to be. It led it to a genie. It could have a genie. Genie came out. It said, “Oh that’s my magic pen.” And he took it and he put himself back , then the magic pen was dead.

I really don't know what to say to that. It might be genius.

2 comments:

JenFW said...

I have something like this. My second grade teacher typed occasional journal entries for each student. We dictated, she typed exactly what we said. We then stapled the stories in a theme book and illustrated them.

My father recently sent my book of stories. Genius or no, I love reading my second grade stories.

Kudos to Lissy! That's a great thing to do.

Daisy said...

I believe we are all brilliant until someone convinces us otherwise. Sad really, isn't it? My goal is to help my son stay perfectly funny and insightful like he is now...