Wednesday, October 10, 2007

outside my door

I live in a fairly "artsy" part of town which, hermit that I am, I rarely take advantage of. However, once in a while the creative environment is so thick even I can't miss it. For example, right outside my door last weekend was this:


Hmm, chicken-suited-tuba men seemed a bit out of the ordinary even for my neighborhood. Until I remembered. It's was the Honk Festival, the half-hippie, brass band parade and festival to "take back the streets."


It was great fun, but I have to admit my favorite part was that while following this band:
the saxophone player turned to Libby and I and said, "Hello, Beautiful Ladies," and proceeded to serenade us.


There has been a dearth of male compliments at home, so this was quite enjoyable. Maybe a bit too enjoyable...I'm starting to realize I should probably get out of the house more.

2 comments:

Chris Barton said...

I'd have paid cash money to see the chicken-suited tuba man and red-sleeveless sax player have a big brass duel for your and Libby's favor...

www.juliadenos.com said...

i heard about honk fest in that little store called magpie (ever been?)and was bummed i couldn't witness it so thanks for posting pics. i can't believe i missed a chicken playing the tuba :( too bad. sounds like you both had a fun time :)