Sunday, October 21, 2007

pumpkins

My friends have been really great in keeping my life full. Most recently, Jon and Loretta brought over some pumpkins to carve which was much fun.


Strangely, Jon decided to carve a Totoro pumpkin while I made mine into a Cylon. Totoro is a character from a sweet Japanese animation. A Cylon is an evil robot in Battlestar Galactica, a somewhat geeky sci-fi show. Somehow it seemed the pumpkins were carved by the wrong people. As Loretta put it, "It's as if we are in some kind of bizarro-land."

But that was until we lit them up. With the lights off and a the pumpkins glowing, we realized Jon's Totoro was quite menacing while my Cylon was rather cute.

7 comments:

jama said...

I would never have pegged you as a Cylon girl, but like you said, at night it was definitely the cuter one. Happy Halloweenie!

al said...

I love them!!!! Wow.

Anna Alter said...

Oh fun, your pumpkins are so great! Sorry I missed it all, I need to catch up on my pumpkin carving...

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

Those are the coolest pumpkins I have ever seen. So much better than my two triangle eyes, a circular nose, and smile with two teeth.

anna said...

I heart Totoro! Although he is kind of menacing.

irideout said...

I've never seen such creatively carved pumpkins!

Rita said...

hilarious and wonderful.